Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Glen
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from work (night shift) and its mainly B roads (tee hee) with a loverly twisty bit for about 3 miles, the Mondy loves it, handles 2, no 10 times better than my 52 Corsa SXi (eugh!) and goes like stink too!!! the cool weather helps obviously but I had a permanent grin fixed all the way, if the cops had pulled me (not that I was speeding) they would have had me sectioned!!!

·
still lost
1,339 Posts
i know what you mean i can go to work on the motorway or the back roads you carnt beat the back roads when there empty early in the morning :driving: :D :D

·
MEG Corporal
1,043 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
1,043 Posts
Who knows what's round the next bend?

What if someone had broken down and was walking along the side of the road?

Sorry but when I read 'if the cops had pulled me they would have had me sectioned!!!' I just get the image of someone driving like a lunatic in my mind.

Sure, it's night but that doesn't mean you're the only one on that road...

Fast on a Motorway where you can see far ahead is one thing...fast on a twisty dark country road is another.

·
Glen
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right, :mad:

before you go pulling me to bits...

I was not speeding. The B road is 60mph nat speed limit ok? round the twisties you can barely manage that on one almost straight bit...

other thing the visibility is great on that road there is a 2' high wall round the edge of it so you can see all the way round the next corner and sometimes the one after that.

there are a few blind bends where due care is obviously taken as I value my OWN life, let alone others!

also, derv, if you are so skeptical of speed why do you mention in other posts hitting over 3000 rpm in 3rd onwards?

just one thing... how do you define driving safely? within the speed limit? I'm sure we can all think of a 60 road that you couldn't maintain 60 all the way on.

how else then? within you own capabilities? as a member of IAM I beleive I know my capabilities better than most.

as for the 'if the cops...' thing I was making the point that the car felt particularly lively and was refering to the grin on my face, rather like what Derv said when his hits 3000rpm in 3rd and above (within the speed limit of coure)

·
MEG Corporal
1,043 Posts
I was on an empty lit motorway...I'm sure you're a very safe driver but surely you can see why one would get the picture of a mad man driving.

·
Glen
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...or a scoobie :L

derv: ye i guess its how you interpret it...

those of us who do break the speed limits etc know the risks we are taking and it is a calculated risk.

I don't seem to be as brave as I used to be when it comes to driving fast! (brave=stupid?) i think I grew up a bit when my Daughter was born! lol

·
Glen
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:L

Considering a tuning box now to liven things up a bit!!!

·
Glen
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ScoobyChris said:
rainbowcar said:
:L

Considering a tuning box now to liven things up a bit!!!
Transforms the car, but if you're like me you'll then be lusting after uprated suspension and brakes :blush:

Slippery slope!!!

Chris
Yeah, youre probably right, probably some alloys after that...

too much tyre wall on the steelies, sliding too much!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.