Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Damned headlight bulb!

453 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Alun 
#1 ·
A word of warning to anyone trying to change a knackered headlight bulb (passenger side) on a Focus! Dont bother!! Fit a torch/candle or something instead! The back panel wont come off cos the battery cover is in the way, then when you remove the cover the battery itself is in the way! What your left with when youve finally managed to wrestle the back cover out, is a couple of inches of space in which to place your hand and twiddle with THE most stupid spring clip in the entire world! Could i re-attatch the damn thing? Could i hell! I ended up having to remove the whole bloody headlight, which involves unscrewing the front grill, just to get to the clip! Its like as if the headlight was the first thing to be fitted and then everything else was designed to fit around it! Plus it was starting to get dark when i did it so i couldnt see a damn thing! Still, i took the opportunity to replace them both (the drivers side is a doddle) with Ice White Xenon bulbs, so it wasnt all bad!

G
#2 ·
Try changing them on a V6 Mk2 Mondeo then Gavin. It is supposdly possible to do them without taking the light out but I have yet to see it done.

Easier to remove the grill and then the actual light.

PITA Ford styling.

#5 ·
hehe. I can change them on the MK2 Mondeo and Focus no problem.....small hands!! :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.