Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a common cause for a damp patch in the drivers Footwell?

I get a very small amount of moisture, not a soggy puddle but a wet patch and the underside of the mat is also wet.

I am getting wind noise from the drivers door seal, perhaps the two are related?

·
MEG Corporal
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right,

With the recent rain this problem has come back.

I have soaked the rubber seals in boiling hot water and then left them to dry.

I then refitted but swapped passenger and drivers side seals. Still getting the same problem.

Ford want quite a lot of money for new seals, will this definately cure the problem?

Can I just take them off of another Mondeo and get on fine?

·
Big Megger
460 Posts
Have you checked the door card. It's a common problem on MK3's. Mine had come adrift and I restuck it with silicone sealant, took 10 minutes and never leaked since.

·
Big Megger
348 Posts
Ahhh - I feel your pain. :tonofbricks:

I have a wet footwell problem, only mine is like a lake with a car mat floating on it - seriously it's that bad.

After a great deal of hunting around, tearing up carpet and sound proofing, I found the leak is somewhere up behind the bulkhead behind the ECU etc.

Unless I tear out the interior I can't get to it so the plan is to take the front wing off and find/seal it that way.

I checked the door card, seals, pollen filter and all washer pipes first. If they are all OK you probably have a leak like mine and the only way you'll find it is taking up the carpet and getting someone to pour water over the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.