Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
i'd have guessed ultraleds.co.uk but can't check cos they want you to have an account now before i can even surf the site :shocked:

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
I was looking at some the same as hese on ebay the other day

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
get these ones. Just stick them into some spare ford holders. Really easy to do

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i remember i orderd something like that before, and i tried to take the old bulbs out of the holders and ended up smashing the full lot up, as i couldn't take the old bulbs out, and if i did mange one, i ended up snapping the new bulb trying to get it into the holder, so ive only one option i need to buy them all ready done for me,

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
Thats odd. Iv done this with literally hundreds of those bulbs and never broke a single one in the process. Maybe you are just doing it wrong?

You need to push in the tab on the contact which comes out the side of teh holder, and push it out at teh same time. Once you get once side out then do the other side. Once its loose, then you can pull the bulb out at this point. Just slides right out with not much effort.

To get the new one in. Make sure that the pins on the LEDs arent going to short out inside teh holder. I usually bend the legs out diagonally, slightly. Then just push it in. Doesnt take much effort for that bit either

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
trust me i'm not going to try putting my own bulbs in, i'd rather do without, cos i'l end up booting fook out of my car again

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wrong type of holder, ive got some of them put they will not fit, if you look at the picky ive posted these are the proper ford holders that i need, but cheers for looking

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
Where do the bulbs fit??

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
gravedigger said:
behind the speedo, rev counter ect...
The larger ones that light the gauges up??

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
How did you sort it in the end Gravedigger. Want to do the same in mine with Red

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
Im doing mine blue, Got the LED's for the switches but due to xmas and being rushed off of my feet it may be a few weeks before I get them done :mad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.