Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have many people put a de cat on and if so is it worth it and where did you get it from?? and was it easy to do? (get to the bolts etc)

thanks

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,265 Posts
I have a decat and straight through exhaust. At first I noticed no difference in power only noise, after a while it seemed to improved and then I had a remap and I can honestly say my diesel feels more like a turbo petrol, there is no turbo lag and pulls on the turbo immediately after going up the gears. I don't think there is much power gains from a decat but the reduction in lag is well worth it. Some have emptied the cat but I'd advise not to because it creates a negative pressure on the turbo, it needs to be a straight pipe.

Took me around 30 minutes using drive on ramps on my driveway (4 bolts on the turbo accessed from under bonnet, 2 bolts into the flexi pipe and a further 2 bolts into either side of the cat to mount it. Best to look on the bay for a stainless de-cat pipe.

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,265 Posts
I bought it 2nd hand for £150 from a lad in Leicester. There is a custom power flow exhaust from cat back for sale on gumtree for £200 or nearest offer so £150 ish.
Mine is full stainless from turbo. Worth blanking the egr valve too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.