Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Decat for 2 litre mk1

566 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  WeeGee 
#1 ·
Anyone know where i can get one, or does anyone know where i could get one made???????

#3 ·
is it worth doing? what happens to the emissions if i just gutted my cat?

#4 ·
depends on the car shorty some will pass some wont hence people use decat pipe and put cat back on for mot.

you could always pick up a spare cat and gut it though.

#5 ·
yea i think i might, supposed to be a decent gain of around 5hp isnt it? how much can i pick up a 2nd hand cat for that doesnt need to be mint or anything..

jt

#6 ·
beware that the cat silences the exhaust system about twice as much as a normal silencer, so expect the bark to be much much louder after a decat. as long as you've got at least 2 other silencers in the system the noise level will be bearable. a fairly unmodded zetec engine with no cat and not many silencers can sound pretty diabolical lol!

the problem with having it too loud is it annoys everybody, attracts police attention and if a county car pulls you over for the noise, he will more than likely suss out that you've got no cat (for which theres a heavy fine).

any powerflow exhaust dealer would sort you out a removable/swappable decat pipe section, some normal exhaust places will do it to. you can put in a resonator box instead which sorts out the nasty noise problem.

#7 ·
so what your saying percy is if you get a decat pipe it would make less noise than gutting a cat?

just trying to get the picture here.

#11 ·
not got one, but could have had one made to spec, there are various differnent versions on the mondeos.

just noticed your sig:

dunerat said:
People can have the Model T in any colour--so long as it's black.
Henry Ford
Thats actually not true - henry ford denies ever saying this, and if you look further into you will see that BLACK wasnt even an option on the early fords, they wernt available in black until around 1915, which was about 6 years ofter manufacturing of the Model T started. up until 1915 they were available in red, green, grey or blue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.