·
Dude
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make: Dell
Model: Inspiron 1501
Item: Laptop
Price: £598

Review: Having got the AMD Turion TL56 64X2 (1.8ghz) chip, 1.5GB of ram and the 80gb HDD + DVD-RW for under £600 i found this a real bargin.
It has a shared ATI Graphics card that takes upto 256mb or RAM but i have found that it handles most of the games i play (GTA /C&C etc) Very very well. I also opted for the better screen and watching DVD's on it is fantastic! It comes with wireless conection and for laptop speakers they aint bad and have pleanty of volume to them. It is very light weight and runs very quiet and cool even under the load of games. It also came with a built in memory card reader, 4Xusb 2 ports, PCMCIA port, 10/100 lan and a modem.

As with other dells i have had ther customer suport is brilliant if and when you have to use them which is a very rare thing. The build qulity is exelent as well!

The only thing that lets it down for me is the fact its a 15.4" screen and not just 15"
But on the plus side, it has an AMD chip which is a brilliant change for dell as i prefer AMD over Intel.

Rating: 9/10 - Not the cheepest and best spec on the market, but it's built by dell and having owned before and not had a problem it was worth the £598 :first:

·
smoggy
289 Posts
My dad has just got one of these from dell £388 inc vat and delivery

Seems a good piece of kit

·
Resident Old Fart !
7,070 Posts
Just ordered the basic one for £349 for a friend of mine after trawling the net for one for her .. seems like a good little notebook from the specs for a basic one :)

·
Resident Old Fart !
7,070 Posts
ordered last saturday arrived at 8am this morning so wasnt too bad :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.