Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Anything u like..
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been about 5 years since i was last at the dentist, on that occasion i had a tooth out which hurt like hell, although the dentist was some african butcher and im a girl when it comes to having pliers in my mouth.

Im no longer registered so i now have to go private, this i can live with. My Lass's dentist seems pretty good so i got myself a price list for hers.

I know for a fact i need another tooth out, so my question is this, on the price list there is 2 prices for "extractions".

1. Tooth extraction
2. Surgical extraction

The surgical one is about £30 more, what do you reckon that is then?

Any ideas? I will give them a ring this week but i dont wanna sound thick.

Cheers

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
it means they will use a small scalpel, and cut the gum about half a cm, and use a specail tool to remove the offending tooth, then stich you back up again, you wont feel anything at all mate, not even when the injections wear off, they are very good nowadays :L

·
Anything u like..
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KETTERSUK said:
it means they will use a small scalpel, and cut the gum about half a cm, and use a specail tool to remove the offending tooth, then stich you back up again, you wont feel anything at all mate, not even when the injections wear off, they are very good nowadays :L
Feck that, sounds painful.

I was kinda hoping it meant being put to sleep. I take it they wont do this nowadays then?

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
just go for the cheap option mate, they numb your gum with some minty tasting stuff on a cotton bud thingy then inject you with the worlds largest hyperdermic needle, then it's happy days mate, the worst bit for me is just the discomfort of the drilling and all the bits flying round in your mouth and the smell of burning....but if it's to pull a tooth out it is over very quickley, I gotta have sommat done next time i go in a few weeks time so dreading that already but it always turns out alright....good luck :whistling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts