Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the seller has documentation that it has a stage 2 heads and mild road cams, while the car does feel rather bloody quick. The heads are green and were bought from burton 4 years ago, what sort of power would that be knocking out?

ps its also got oe bore janspeed twin pipes.

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
2.8 hmmmm would that be the john players special eddition?

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
They put out 160 bhp stock....no idea what bhp its putting out now tho...

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
guardtower said:
JPS's were mk2's...2.8's are mk3's so thats a nope..

·
MEG Captain
3,040 Posts
think it was brooklands m8 the very last of the 2.8i

·
MEG Corporal
514 Posts
Thats it Brooklands, what a :beep: i am, bloody hard day at work, should remember the name really named after the old track. :~

Cheers for putting me right. :L

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
The brooklands 280. last of the Mk3 capris. can get them up to about an e-plate. from then on its Probes and Cougars i am afraid. anyway if you ever see a decent Tickford capri out there let me know. Turbotecnics conversion and styling by aston martin. worth its weight in gold and in 3 colours. Red, Black or WHITE!!!

Dan :L

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
You will have to buy 4 LED sets of course. Waste of a good car if you buy it.

On the plus side you might bog off to a Capri forum.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stevedohc16v said:
I've always had one capri or another since I passed my driving test, heres my latest one a 1986 2.8 injection special.

Any questions about em just ask (theres no big discussion forums around like this one for capri's just a couple of bulletin boards).

Watch that back end on slippery roundabouts :L

Steve
Thats the one i'm getting same year but in black :naughty: Just looking forward to RWD and a six pot dash to match the six pot longitude engine :driving:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't get on with the tickford front grills, yet you can't remove them as then it would look 'normal'

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
just curous but how big alloy wise could u fit on a capri? i expect u can lower it?

·
IS BACK!!
2,976 Posts
Mal said:
guardtower said:
when i was a kid i was a passenger in a mk2 3.0 in black. could that have been a jps special edition? it scared the poop out of me! i've also been in a mk3 2.8 and it didn't seem as quick. was the essex v6 a better engine than the cologne v6?

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
karlos said:
Mal said:
guardtower said:
when i was a kid i was a passenger in a mk2 3.0 in black. could that have been a jps special edition? it scared the poop out of me! i've also been in a mk3 2.8 and it didn't seem as quick. was the essex v6 a better engine than the cologne v6?
Could of been, the seats would of been a giveaway as these where yellowy/ gold cloth faced, as for the engines, the 3.0 had less bhp (138) versus the supposed 160bhp of the 2.8 (I've had 3 of these on rolling roads over the years and have never seen a standard one make over 150 bhp) however the 3.0 had 12 lb/ft more torque than the 2.8 so it pulled like a train and the carbed engine is more responsive than the injected 2.8.

Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.