Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Am new here as I have just bought a 2012 MK4 titanium estate last Sunday after my MG went bang for the final time but noticed there wasn't a decent mount for a mobile phone due to the dash layout.

I recently bought a 3D printer to mess around with and tried to design something I could attach my phone mount to.
For the mount itself I only had to pop the trim off around the start button and gently unscrew the 2x screws enough to pop the mount in (I took the whole lot out so I could run the cables to power my mount).

Ford Mondeo MK4 Mount by drunken_prozac

Hope it comes in handy for someone.

Darren

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,087 Posts
Check out a company called Brodit.
They make vehicle and position specific phone mounts.

You could either buy one of their mounts or copy one and print it yourself.

Edit.
Ignore this, I’ve just looked on their site and their mk4 mounts are very basic in design.
The one they have for the position you chose is pretty much like what you printed.

This is a shame really, as their designs for the mk3 looked a lot more like ‘factory fit’ items.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out a company called Brodit.
They make vehicle and position specific phone mounts.

You could either buy one of their mounts or copy one and print it yourself.

Edit.
Ignore this, I’ve just looked on their site and their mk4 mounts are very basic in design.
The one they have for the position you chose is pretty much like what you printed.

This is a shame really, as their designs for the mk3 looked a lot more like ‘factory fit’ items.
That is where I got the idea for this from. I saw the Brodit clip but wasn't a fan of all the screws and bases you have to attach to it after fitment.

I already had the 17mm ball wireless charging phone holder from my old car and just wanted something to attach it to as I use my phone as a sat nav most days.
There is a 3D printed clip on one if you have the removable triangle pieces on the dash but mine is an all-in-one design with the power button.

I've had it on for 5 days now without any issues so fingers crossed.

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,087 Posts
That is where I got the idea for this from. I saw the Brodit clip but wasn't a fan of all the screws and bases you have to attach to it after fitment.

I already had the 17mm ball wireless charging phone holder from my old car and just wanted something to attach it to as I use my phone as a sat nav most days.
There is a 3D printed clip on one if you have the removable triangle pieces on the dash but mine is an all-in-one design with the power button.

I've had it on for 5 days now without any issues so fingers crossed.
I know what you mean about the screws.
I haven’t used a Brodit mount for around three years, but when I did use one the ability the screw different cradles was a distinct advantage as I tended to use different phones or TomToms in the same mount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts