Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Megger
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaned my car yesterday.Took all day.Anyway when I had finished I went to start her up and all I heard was a click,the engine would not turn over.
While the ignition was turned on,the dials went thru the gauge check where all the needles go to the right and the dash bulbs are lit.Also the MPH displays were set to kilometres.Is this supposed to happen in the event of a flat battery? Charged the battery and the car started normally. This morning it was ticking over at around 4000rpm and seems to be hunting.Is it just a case of taking the car for a long drive to get thing back to normal? The car was fully serviced 2 weeks ago.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
sounds as though it needs a bit of varied driving to get it back into line :L

·
Megger
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah,hope that does the trick.Just had a look at the battery and can see a red spot in the window,although the car starts ok.Never had a problem before,wonder if its the cold weather?

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
most likely , why not take it to a garage and get them to check it out for you :L

·
Banned
341 Posts
when you cleaned it did you Clean inside and out ?

interior lights on all day ?

the ecu usualy takes about 15miles to get its settings back

·
Megger
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think your right about the interior light.Never thought that one light could flatten the battery.Will be taking the car out tomorrow,bit of family visiting so should cover 15 miles or more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts