Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!

i just bough my first car, a mondeo -93 combi. installed new sound system and that worked out great. now i need to check why the heck the car dies when it runs in idle.

it doesnt do this all the time, but when i have driven for a while and its warm it sometimes just dies when i am waiting at a red light, and almost always dies when i am parking the car and turning the steering wheel while the cars is standing still.

also, every so often i feel that the engine is running a bit, hmm, unsmooth when i am driving. and a minute later or so i can feel it "find the rytm", and when it does this it accelerates up from, say, 110km/h to 120km/h without me pressing the accelerator the slightest bit more.

any ideas about this?

thanks in advance, cheers / alex

·
Big Megger
200 Posts
i brought a new one the other day and its playing up simular to that. mine keeps staling when i pull up to lights and is missfiring at low revs. if you look at this thread it tells you quite a few things but id check this rubber t piece section thats under the coil as mine was compeltly knackered and its helped mine alot. they are only 4 quid and easy to change.
http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/731232/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.