Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can some one help? my 1966 mondeo 1800 diesil turbo has ceased to function which means it drives like a milk float I have had the turbo off and can see nothing wrong checked several times...there is just no cut in and to be honest at roundabouts etc I have to make sure there is plenty of clearance before trying to get out please help if you can it would be much appreciated :thankyousign: in advance for any help

·
Man in a Jag
14,847 Posts
Is that the England World Cup Winning Side commemorative Mondeo?

Only joking - as said, best place to start would be the pipes to see if there are any splits in them. Is there absolutely no turbo at all? Is there any change in noise where the turbo should kick in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:thankyousign: there is no change at all in the engine sound or performance i love the car but this turbo problem is driving me mental thanks to all who have tried to help. btw checked all the pipes to cracks,splits or leaks.

·
Registered
458 Posts
If it smokes quite a bit but has no power i'd say you've got a split in either the intercooler or the rubber pipe between the intercooler and the inlet manifold. If it isnt smoking but you have no power it has to be a leak in the thin pipe that runs from the turbo to the diesel injection pump.

·
TDDI Buff
35,213 Posts
to check the turbo take off the induction pipe and wiggle the spline if its very loose its definately the turbo. the pipe is held with a jubilee clip so easy job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.