Ford Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have the MK4.5 with the NAV unit and was surprised when it routed me around an incident, I expected to have
to link it to my phone or stick a sim card in etc.

Although its a little slow sometimes. Hit the traffic and come to s standstill then it chimes in with a warning
traffic ahead
... Grumbles and cuss words about yes I know I am sitting in it. :)
It does take a while before TMC shows up on mine in the dial centre.

But it could also be an accident that has literally just happened?

Once that is on if i am going a fair distance it recalculates the journey time many times.

I tend to turn the "Dynamic" feature off because i tow a Caravan and don't want to be sent on inappropriate roads

But it is useful to see the time change which helps decide when to take a break

The Trailer option and setting your own road speeds is really useful too

·
I Love Diesel
2,481 Posts
That car is listed on ETIS with a rear view camera, so a bit of a bonus (if it's there and working).

The paint colour is "Frozen White".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That car is listed on ETIS with a rear view camera, so a bit of a bonus (if it's there and working).
ah nice. i did try and look for the camera on the pictures but hard to see... definitely a bonus if it has one. just hope it works, i seen they suffer from corrosion from leaks.

going to try and have a chat with the garage today so will keep you posted on what they come back with.

·
I Love Diesel
2,481 Posts
You may also have noticed that it has the tinted headlights, which is a 2012-ish on upgrade. They look particularly nice against the white paintwork, IMO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
ok so i've had the conversation and with regards to all the MOT advisories etc, if they haven't been sorted already they will definitely do them before the final sale. i still need to see proof of the cambelt change.

I've asked for a video tour of the car and of it with the engine on so assuming im happy with that i will reserve and go see next weekend.

Appreciate all your help and will keep you up to date on what happens.

·
Super Moderator
31,294 Posts
Not sure what your laws are when buying used cars but don't just potter around the block, you want a
test drive where you can accelerate hard from a low speed upto 60mph+.

You also want it to be cold when you start it and make sure it gets upto temperature during the drive. That
will eliminate a lot of faults people don't detect when buying a car.

Nearly bought a 1.8 petrol MK3 which is known for burning oil. I tested it several times and no smoke from the
rear but a salesman who discounts without asking and offers me more for my car than everywhere else had me
even more suspicious. After the 3rd test I noticed some smoke from the exhaust, it had been perfect upto that
point.
Another tip if they have 2 keys connected together separate them... Bought a car and one key would only start
the car sometimes. Because 2 keys were attached it masked that problem.

·
MEG Corporal
2,801 Posts
Well, hope it's ok for you.

I'm not picking faults, just pointing this out...I have just noticed that the wheels have had a refurb at some point as the diamond cut parts have been painted over, and also the near side wheel is scuffed quite badly too. The ST centre caps are not standard too (should be blue with Ford logo). Also the off side rear jacking point cover is missing, and these are not cheap to replace see ebay here

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
@PURPLE_2L_LX yeah i definitely try to put it through its paces and was aware that checking it from cold is a good idea.

@frembrit dont be silly i appreciate the heads up. i did see the caps and wasnt bothered about that but missed the scratches on the wheel. I didnt realise the jack cover was that expensive.... not sure what the diamond cut parts are.

perhaps i keep looking....

·
MEG Corporal
2,801 Posts
The triangle part of the wheel is sort of cut to show the alloy/metal material of the wheel and is not painted but just lacquered. See pic (not great image though)

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
ok cool, i see what you mean and yeah looks like they've been painted.
appreciate you point things like that out. its so easy to miss if you dont know what to look for

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Morning all, after a lot of searching I have now bought a new car.

I was a little out off the tit x sport I mentioned previously. Few things to do with the dealer, the distance and then some with the car so decided not go with that one.Shave because it looked nice.

the one I have gone for is a 2013 tit x business edition. Not quick as nice looking imo but still nice.

now Looking through the forum and seeing how to go about updating the map and if it’s possible to update convers+ (probably don’t need to).

just wanted to thank you all for your help and advise. It was very much appreciated.

·
MEG Corporal
2,801 Posts
You probably don't need to update the Convers+ unless you want to customise it.

There are various online shops that you can obtain new maps from, here's one

21 - 35 of 35 Posts