Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Digital Speedometer - Can Ford enable it?

36K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  madstpedersen 
#1 ·
Hi

So i've just been browsing through Autotrader and spotted in the photos of one particular car that the digital speedometer is activated. This is a new 66 plate car, does that mean newer cars are coming out with this enabled?

And does anyone think Ford can enable mine ( i have a Titanium X spec )?

I've seen a few topics on here discussing activating the digital speedometer by themselves using Forscan etc, but don't really what to mess with that, as they say you can turn your car into a giant paper weight if not careful.

Regards

Craig

#2 ·
If the digital speedo is active in the center of the cluster its more likely a Sync3 model.

The Sync2 digital speedo appears on the right hand side of the cluster and is only available when you switch off the lane keeping assist.

I doubt Ford will activate this for you as the last car I part exchanged with the motion locking activated they called me several days later and asked me how I did it as they couldnt turn it off with their system as it was greyed out.

If your near Heathrow or Camberley I can activate for you for a Big Mac meal, it only takes 10 minutes max.

Reactions: paul.cud53
#4 ·
Tis Sync 3, just looked at advert and nav screen is the light backkgound, so definitely Sync 3. Also noticed that top left button on dash says 'Sound'. My Sony it is the on/off buttopn for the audio. Wonder why different, or is this another Sync 2/3 difference?

#6 ·
Tis Sync 3, just looked at advert and nav screen is the light backkgound, so definitely Sync 3. Also noticed that top left button on dash says 'Sound'. My Sony it is the on/off buttopn for the audio. Wonder why different, or is this another Sync 2/3 difference?
I doubt that it actually relies on Sync3 in any way for this, although fitting Sync3 may have caused the IPC module to need a more recent firmware - which then also came with the digital speedo and also the extra temperature display just under the parking brake warning light.

What would be interesting is for someone to report that they've been able to get it enabled on a sync2 car by asking for the IPC module to be flashed to the latest firmware.

#8 ·
I doubt that it actually relies on Sync3 in any way for this, although fitting Sync3 may have caused the IPC module to need a more recent firmware - which then also came with the digital speedo and also the extra temperature display just under the parking brake warning light.

What would be interesting is for someone to report that they've been able to get it enabled on a sync2 car by asking for the IPC module to be flashed to the latest firmware.
A friend of me flashed the latest firmware on his IPC (SYNC2 Mondeo MK5) and he has the speedometer in the middle screen and the temperature under the parking brake warning light.

He flashed the software with UCDS and the latest calibration files available

#9 ·
If the digital speedo is active in the center of the cluster its more likely a Sync3 model.

The Sync2 digital speedo appears on the right hand side of the cluster and is only available when you switch off the lane keeping assist.

I doubt Ford will activate this for you as the last car I part exchanged with the motion locking activated they called me several days later and asked me how I did it as they couldnt turn it off with their system as it was greyed out.

If your near Heathrow or Camberley I can activate for you for a Big Mac meal, it only takes 10 minutes max.
Hello Mal, if I come up to LHR when you're working and meet you after your shift do you think you could activate a few bits for me? Obviously, I will provide a Big Mac meal and some additional beer funds for your time.

Reactions: malford
#12 ·
Hello Mal, if I come up to LHR when you're working and meet you after your shift do you think you could activate a few bits for me? Obviously, I will provide a Big Mac meal and some additional beer funds for your time.
I could do it but too busy at this moment in time, very heavy workload for the next couple of weeks

#14 ·

A friend of me flashed the latest firmware on his IPC (SYNC2 Mondeo MK5) and he has the speedometer in the middle screen and the temperature under the parking brake warning light.

He flashed the software with UCDS and the latest calibration files available
Is this possible without going to the dealer via Laptop / Cable? If so, who has the files?

#17 ·
#18 ·
#19 ·
To activate stuff and change map on the car I only need a lifetime license, so I don't use tokens every time, but u need to pay €210, more or less to have an UCDS

#20 ·
Sorry to drag up an old topic but is there anyone in South Wales / Bristol area who could update my Mondeo to the central speed display and the newer narrow speedo & rev counter needles?

Obviously be willing to pay for it. Thanks.

#22 ·
I live in Belgium and there are some of us here, who can activate it, but a trip from England to here is a bit overkill, no?

Reactions: Shanedunn
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.