Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening guys

I was wondering, if I was to remove the Ashtray & Cig Lighter socket, is that space there on a MK2 DIN sized?

I am trying to find somewhere to mount a CB radio (old skool I know ;)), and cannot think of anywhere it would look at home, maybe there though?

Don't want to screw it to the side of the centre console, glove box would be a bit naff, so was thinking perhaps it'd go there nicely, the CB is smaller than DIN, but I can get a facia adapter for it.

Only other option would be inside the centre arm rest CD holder, but it'd be very hard to see there! :(

Cheers for your help.

G

·
The space you are talking about is about 10mm narrower than a single din space.

I have used the space to install my M Station controller in a single din convertor and had to trim it to fit.

One word of warning if you are going to use for for a CB make sure that the mike lead does not catch on the gearstick at all. Theres not a lot of room there when the car is in first.

Jeff

G

·
You have take the plastics out that hold the ashtray and the lighter in. I made a proper bracket to hold mine as there will be nothing for it to grip onto.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys

Well the radio has arrived and I've started work, I've trimmed the front of my DIN adapter to fit nicely :L

Only problem is, I have taken out the ashtray and the front off the cig lighter socket.....removed the three screws behind there....

Now, the top of the cig lighter panel/ashtray holder seems to be free, ie, it pushes back from the rest of the dash surround, but the bottom is still very firmly attached...I cannot see whats holding it, other than it looks almost plastic welded along the bottom?

Anyone got any idea how to remove the ashtray holder/cig lighter bit? I don't want to go in there with my big GS screwdriver and brute force it just yet! :evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.