Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
1,076 Posts
Mk3 1.8 petrol, still chasing the elusive "hiccup" and poor cold start, cleaned the throttle butterfly and housing today, no difference. I noticed that the butterfly was not flat. Is it meant to be flat?

TMAP sensor and engine coolant sensor on left hand (nearside) of cylinder head has been changed. New Motorcraft plugs 6000 miles ago, new fuel filter 16000 miles ago. Battery OK, Ford dealer tells me that he has never sold a set of HT leads for a Mk3, local motorfactor doesn't stock them and not in his book. Engine runs up to the redline in 1st, 2nd and 3rd with no problem (when hot) so fuel pump and regulator probably OK. I'll post this over on the four cylinder forum as well.

Edit; idle is rock solid cold and hot, ICV has been cleaned. TMAP must be doing something, if I disconnect it the revs wander up and down.

Attachments

·
Just me
18,998 Posts
Try and get yourself a 2.0 one and look at that, then fit it ;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
thats the way its supposed to be , it helps disrupts the airflow to promote turbulance in the inlet manifold

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.