Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

i'm going to retrofit the MCA2 SAT NAV on my 2007 Mondy MK4 (with Sony Radio). I thank all of those who have contributed to the realization of the various guides, with which I was able to take my first steps on retrofitting!

My (hope) last step is the infamous 8pin loop cable. I have the socket onboard, but is empty! This part is so "expensive" and I decided to create new one by myself.

The correct plug should be this:

Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Toy Lego

The question is: which is the part number to buy this plug in sites like Mouser?

Thanks All!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,063 Posts
Pictures tiny and low detail.

·
Super Moderator
31,063 Posts
Nobody seems to use a code or part number that is searchable

and actually finds that exact socket.

Mostly seem to list as a rear view camera or mirror plug and Ford.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never give up! After a good sleep i got an inspiration!

Yesterday i contacted Mouser and they told me that don't know/sell that connector.... :crazy:

So this morning I try to find it myself and after a big search (it takes a lot of patience) i found it!

It is a Molex 30700-1080 and the terminal is in my case the 1393366-1.

I ordered it today, it was available on Mouser ( :eek13: ) and on RS Components.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Never give up! After a good sleep i got an inspiration!

Yesterday i contacted Mouser and they told me that don't know/sell that connector.... :crazy:

So this morning I try to find it myself and after a big search (it takes a lot of patience) i found it!

It is a Molex 30700-1080[/size] and the terminal is in my case the 1393366-1.

I ordered it today, it was available on Mouser ( :eek13: ) and on RS Components.

:banana: :banana: :banana:
My hero! Ford cant even order it now anyway. Just ordered off RS components. Had to order 5 plugs and 50 connectors. So if anyone else is in the same boat, ask me first!! Now the fun of doing the loops and budge crimping these connectors.

·
Super Moderator
31,063 Posts
Ratchet crimpers are great but about £20 - £30 a piece depending on the jaws.

Some jaws look similar but they dont work as well.

I have seen some in a kit where they supply 6 sets of jaws to swap out, not cheap though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I've made the loop and fitted it. Still no one can hear me. I'm pretty confident the loop connector is current and the pins are all the way in. Is there any difference between the AA and AB Microphones? I have AB fitted.

·
Registered
457 Posts

It is a Molex 30700-1080 and the terminal is in my case the 1393366-1.

Oh, well, you could have saved your time and just had asked me ;-)

But your finding was correct. It is the Molex connector and the TE Connectivity pins from the GET.64 series.

The funny side of this connector-vendor-mess is, that the 22pos loop-connector is not from Molex but from TE Connectivity (Tyco), but uses the same crimp terminal pins ;-)

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I've made the loop and fitted it. Still no one can hear me. I'm pretty confident the loop connector is current and the pins are all the way in. Is there any difference between the AA and AB Microphones? I have AB fitted.
No, they are equal. Do you have a nice picture of the AA? It's missing in my collection: https://mk4-wiki.denkdose.de/artikel/audio_navigation/audio-codierstecker
Oli,

the AA I'm referring to is the variant of the Microphone its-self in the roof lining. It is possible I have bought a faulty Microphone though. does anyone know the Resistance reading I should get from a working Mic?

·
Registered
20 Posts
In case anyone is reading this with the problem I had..

My car was produced March 2008 with no phone capability and a Sony radio.

I had no loop cable fitted ( above glovebox 8 pin connector)

https://mk4-wiki.denkdose.de/artikel/audio_navigation/audio-codierstecker

I bought the connector and pins from RS Components on the part numbers above and fitted the wires in a BB configuration, this was wrong as that is the configuration for cars with Satnav.
I re wired the connector to pin 1 looped to 5. pin 2 looped to 6. The Microphone now works on my car.

I hope this helps someone, all the information i found was to do with cars with Satnavs.

PS. i have a home made BB 8pin connector (Satnav) if any one wants it!

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After a long wait, here we are! All materials finally arrived!

Molex connector:

Automotive lighting Gas Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper

Pins:

Tool Wood Office supplies Cable Electronic component

and i borrowed the original gripper:

Tool Office supplies Font Electric blue Bicycle part

Now i'm ready to make the loop cable, I have a lot of willpower but am confused about how the wiring should be done! Can someone help me with photos of the modified connector?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you have SatNav- loop pins

1&3 2&4 top row

5&7 6&8 bottom row

As far as I'm aware the wire is meant to be shielded. I'm sure it will work without but might sound naff.

If it's not Satnav. (Sony)

Its
1&5
2&6
7a15ae4d4979abcf6cb594e184ebc895.jpg
701d43ca9cf32caa7b9e54697736d81f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts