Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Big Megger
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
local garage has got some cougar alloys for sale just wondering will they fit on a mondeo and is there any one with any pictures of a mondeo with them on please.thanks

·
Big Megger
279 Posts
If its the 4 stud then yes will fit your mondeo if it is also the four stud. I have seen a pic with the same wheels but then not sure where.
May have to get correct tyre size but i think it shares the same as the mondeo.

·
IS BACK!!
2,976 Posts
yeah they do fit quite nicely, there is a bloke on here called bathrug (i think) that had some on his rsap kitted mk1. give him a PT i'm sure he'll have pictures. :L

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
I think the Cougar tyres are slightly bigger, like 205/55R16 instead of 205/50R16.

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
IIRC they're wider, they're 215's or 225's

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
wooo wooo ...... yup they do fit but ONLY JUST!!!!, can only just fit a finger between the rear arch and the wheel. I think the offset of the Cougars are 48.

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
wiggidy said:
local garage has got some cougar alloys for sale just wondering will they fit on a mondeo and is there any one with any pictures of a mondeo with them on please.thanks
Just to re-enforce what's been said in posts ^^^.

My Mk1 Mondy has had Cougar jobbies for the past year+. They suit the car (still want 17 RS-7 though, lol) very well.

The thing is that the rolling radius of the Mondy is different to the Cougar. So, fit the rears with the existing 215/55/16s, and fit the fronts with 205/50/16s to keep the speedo right. You'd be the only one to notice the front/rear difference... except for a few MEGgers reading this too, lol :whistling:

Andy.

·
Banned
716 Posts
bgenie said:
If its the 4 stud then yes will fit your mondeo if it is also the four stud. I have seen a pic with the same wheels but then not sure where.
May have to get correct tyre size but i think it shares the same as the mondeo.
The Mondeo has 5 studs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts