Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a few of you will know my wife was involved in an accident last week, but some prelimary details with owners car not tying up. Insurance company dont care and looks like she gonna get away with it.

Where can I get as much information as possible, Dont mind paying a bit if I have to.

Many thanks

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
dont know where you would get any details , but the insurance company should care , and if they dont then i would be going then i would be finding out about how to complain about them :annoyed:

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
If things don't work out then you need to make a claim with the motor insurance bureau, their website is
http://www.mib.org.uk/Default.htm
Me and the wife were hit by an uninsured motorcyclists a few years ago and the insurance didn't want to know, the MIB sorted us out eventually, it took over a year but at the end of the day we got the money for the repairs we had to make to the car.

Steve

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If your insurance company are acting like t**ts and don't want to deal with the claim then you should report them to the Insurance Ombudsman, giving them the details of the case and pointing out that you're being messed around although you weren't to blame for the accident. If they feel that the company are acting unprofessionally then they'll contact them and deal with them directly. It might seem like just another load of hassle, but it'll give your insurance company the message that you won't be messed around and hopefully they'll sort it out without any further grief.

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
we got messed around after a non-fault accident ( we were handed us over to a claim company in super quick time as i was third party so cant complain about that ) but as the car was only panel damage and got wrote off due to massive repair costs, i got it back and repaired it myself.

the insurance company accepted the car after an inspection or 2 ( VOSA VIC check & an accident repair place inspection & written report ) they decided to cancel the policy until it was inspected again, got it done and they re-insured it, then they cancelled it again wanting it inspected yet again. ( VOSA, DVLA & the accident repair centre were happy with the car )

got the insurance ombudsman involved as this had dragged on for over a month and just over a week later the insurance was re-instated and we got a letter from the insurance company saying sorry for the trouble they had caused.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
i doubt the police would want to know unless someone was injured :(

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
paulyoung666 said:
i doubt the police would want to know unless someone was injured :(
thats true they just make a log that would be it, and it wouldnt be any use to anyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts