Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
I know this has nothing to do with cars but I have just recieved thie Email from 'Barclays'

Please don't move this unless you really have to coz I'd like this to get to as many peeps as possible (but if you have to then so be it :L )

I've actually had an email like this before and I don't even have an account with them (made enquiries once about 6 years ago but didn't give them my email addy)

Looks like a dodgy one to me but I will be making enquiries.

Attachments

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
Yep, Missus got one too. Never had any dealings with Barclays whatsoever.

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
Ditto ^^^... Sometimes sh1te like this gets past the spam filter.

Advice bit... If I received a suspect looking email from my bank, or other personal stuff... I wouldn't open it, I'd right click the email and select properties. In there, you'd see the actual senders email addy. ;)

Andy

·
Everybody lies
4,863 Posts
I get about a dozen of these every week, from every bank there is! Just delete them, if your bank has anything to say to you they will send you a letter!

·
Couch Potato
2,944 Posts
First line tells all, "Dear sir/madam" if it was a genuine email from your bank, it would have YOUR name on it.

·
Everybody lies
4,863 Posts
What's new

We publish this page occasionally to tell ALL our customers about new developments and products in Online Banking. You'll only see each issue once as you log-in but you can read this page again by selecting 'What's New' under 'Interested In...'.

Protect your account from fraud
Some customers have received emails from fraudsters asking them to log in to Online Banking but they are taken to a hoax banking site.

It asks them to reveal their log-in details, which fraudsters use to steal money. The fake sites can also infect your computer with a virus.

Barclays never sends emails asking you to update or verify your security details.

•
NEVER disclose your memorable word or other log-in details. We only request two letters from your word when you log in.
•
ALWAYS log on via the Barclays website address and get adequate anti-virus protection â€" see our security software discount offer

Please tick this box to confirm you’ve read this message and understand that you must keep your Online Banking details secret.

For more details, see our Online Security pages

If you think you’ve disclosed your log-in details or have concerns about security, call us on 0845 600 2323. Lines are open 7amâ€"11pm, seven days a week. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls.

As seen on barclays website.

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
crap english gives it away for a starter :loopy:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Never use a link from any email to sign into somewhere. They are just scams and are getting your user name and password.

·
Registered
90 Posts
the fact i have never had a barclays account gave it away for me. :eyesup:
and when i tried to forward it to them, it wouldn't let me told me it was prolly a virus rather than a scam.
why don't these geeks who design viruses just get a useful job?

·
MEG Sergeant
2,278 Posts
Lucky you!, You say you have just received this? I've been getting 4 or 5 a week from (allegedly) most of the high street banks and building societies. Trouble is I don't banlk with any of them so why would they request me to re-confirm my details so often if it wasn't a scam?

If you fancy a laugh, just give them false details like Father Christmas, Snow White or Wayne Kerr

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got another one exactly the same today. I thought I'd put the spam filter on but obviously not.

Oh well, I've tried it again.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
get loads of them al lthe time from banks im not with too lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts