Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big Megger
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had the rear subframe bushes done on my 02 ghia plus 2 new tyres on the back and it seems very harsh / noisy at the back end :shifty: . even the wife noticed it :surprised: im guessing its the tyres, cheapo federals adding to the road noise but it dont seem as comfortable as it used to be on anything other than dead smooth surfaces.im a bit disapointed really but as an experiment going to put the front tyres on the back see if it feels better then.if i hadnt ploughed best part of a grand into it in the last year id offload it . :thumbdown:

·
Big Megger
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its definitely the new tyres causing the harshness/noise. put them on the front and the problem is there now while the back end is smooth.at least i can rule a cock up on the new subframe bushes out.just going to have to live with it , cant afford to put different tyres on now. :sad:

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
it might sound daft but have you checked the tyre pressures :whistling: :L

·
Big Megger
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i bought them because the expensive Dunlops that were on were cracked in the tread grooves (MOT failure 18 months old) and the Pirelli spare had a bulge in the wall (brand new unused tat at £120 a piece :mad: ). still in negotiations with pirelli as to replace/refund.
tyres dont have to be cheap to be crap

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
Robbins said:
Thats what you get for buying cheap tat! ;) :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
dead helpful , not :shifty: , as for the problem , like you say , there aint a great deal you can do apart from change them to something else , or maybe go back to where you got them from and go loopy at them until they do something about it :L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.