Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A chap at work has challenged me to a race on the donny track, he has done loadsof laps and knows the track. Will i beat him?

My car:
ST24 2544cc V6 V-reg
ST220 Throttle body
ST200 upper and lower Manifold
Twin exhausts/Catback
Uni-chip
Hoping 200 BHP

His car
Fiesta XR2i 1600 H reg
Few mods not sure what
Said to be about 123BHP

Or got anytips?
Can not see him beating me can out accelerate and higher top end. His only chance is on corners but they don't allow overtaking on corners.

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Its the power to weight ratio thats the thing,not who has the most bhp...If I was a betting man I'd put my money on him :whistling:

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Even if he does beat you, if its any consolation I would rather have your car :)

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
It'll be close mate, but if you get ahead before the first corner it's just a case of keeping him behind you, and if he can't overtake on the corners he ain't gonna out accelerate you.....they do handle very well tho....go for it... :L

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
do a couple of practise laps b4 you race proper, and find a racing game that has donny on so you can learn the layout..

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
newannaive said:
It'll be close mate, but if you get ahead before the first corner it's just a case of keeping him behind you, and if he can't overtake on the corners he ain't gonna out accelerate you.....they do handle very well tho....go for it... :L
thats exactly the way was thinking of playing it.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
if he's got it to 123bhp, thats quite a way from standard which is 105bhp iirc...so it will be quick....a mate used to have a 1.6 and he had the cam done, plus the usual exhaust, leads, plugs and filter stuff, and it was rapid as fook.....have you thought about sabotage... :whistling:

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
is this 1.6 xr2i really going to do a V6 lump , i know about weight and power etc but when joing motoways etc from 20 to 80 ( with still tones left )i can woop tones of powerfull cars and we are talking on here about a xr2i :loopy: , i know as you say weight etc on a track is a diffrent things but the mondeo with a lot more power in the strights and much better braking and handling surly the mondeo would win with ease , i can only go by the way mine drives but a xr2i really? my dad had the turbo version and yes very quick but mondeo v6 would win in most ways :loopy: or am i talking crap :D ,. there is a good 70% i am talking crap but thought i would ask :first:

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
how often have you raced your car on a track tho mate.....different scenario altogether....thats why peeps like streetboy keep stressing this fact when peeps chirp up saying they just beat a faster car on their local bypass....you are right the V6 is quicker, tonnes more torque and loads more power...but braking and handling I will deffo give to the fiesta, can't see how you think a mondy out handles a car half it's weight, especially the fiesta.. :whistling: ...would be interesting to see, my money would be on the mody if he gets a good start, but don't forget that Jack has already said that his mate is a donny regular and knows the track very well, this was also a consideration when judging that it would be a close race bnot just the stats of each individual car, knowledge of the track is a big bonus....

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
MONDYMANv6 said:
:loopy: or am i talking crap :D ,. there is a good 70% i am talking crap but thought i would ask :first:
lol that was quite funny, i see what u mean about the straights but i think the fiesta would probrably handle quite good and if he has experience with the track it might give him an advantage, i think if u can which u will whoop him from the start and keep him behind u u will be alright, better brakes will help out too as braking later mean more time on the throttle where as with crappy brakes your going to need the brakes earlier which is not really good, good luck anyways!! :L

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
thats the point newannaive i have not been on a track , only private ground long stright job not track :D

as it looks i was right i was talking crap and will now shut up and just read not post

:} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :}

:first:

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
:doh: :tonofbricks: :} :} :} :} :} :} Its cool everyones entitled to their own opinions, but as someone else said earlier if it helps id rather go home in the st24 :L

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Fred22 said:
:doh: :tonofbricks: :} :} :} :} :} :} Its cool everyones entitled to their own opinions, but as someone else said earlier if it helps id rather go home in the st24 :L
any day :D

any way to swing away from my dump post :whistling: , good luck with the race and kick his ass :woot: :D

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
thanks my friend, i feel old now, starting to see wrinkles on my face :shocked: :headshake: lol :} :} :} :doh: ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts