Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
irishghiax
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
my pass side rear footweel is damp/wet due to the front pass side door card seal leaking :(
i have just ordered a new one from my local Ford dealer (1116135 -€18).my question is what do you use to replace the black sealant stuff??.would silicone be ok or do i need something else??
:thankyousign:

·
irishghiax
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name=a.mad.house]sikaflex would be best i would have thought [/quote]
Thanks for that,i asked in my local motor factors for it & they never heard of it :eyesup: so he gave me some stuff called 'tiger seal' which was €18 for a tube :crazy: .hope it works :gayfight:

:thankyousign: :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
tigerseal is similar stuff :L

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
Erm, all you needed was bathroom sealant from Wickes. Your foam membrane will be fine, it just needs refixing/sealing along the bottom.

·
irishghiax
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FlashBastd said:
Erm, all you needed was bathroom sealant from Wickes. Your foam membrane will be fine, it just needs refixing/sealing along the bottom.
the bottom of the foam had rotted away :( ,i tryed sealing with some bathroom stuff yesterday but tis morning(after raining all night)footwell was damp again & windows were fogging up inside even though i was'nt in the car at all :crazy:

·
irishghiax
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
totalguy said:
tigerseal is similar stuff :L
cheers TG :L :thankyousign:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.