Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps

I have just picked up a "very used" MK 2 Mondy . I have noticed the interior door lever on the passenger side is loose so it moves with no resistance. It is obviously disconnected from the lock mechanism but in removing the door card and looking, I can't see how the lever connects to the main lock. Does it connect via some sort of connector rod? If so it seems to have vanished. I have noticed someone has laready had the door card off before.

Any guidance would be appreciated. :L

·
I Love Diesel
2,172 Posts
its a thin but stiff wire with a "lug" on the end (rather like a bike brake cable but thick solid wire, if you know what i mean). the lug fits into the hole in the door handle lever. i wouldnt like to guess where its gone though!

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
i dont want this to sound like i am taking the micky but its going to so sorry in advance.

Have you checked the childlock is not enabled if its one of the rear doors that is having the problem.

A simple but often forgotten part.

Don't shout at me if you have checked it or if its not a rear door. :innocent: :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No offence taken mate, sometimes to simple things are forgotten.

Thanks for the advice I will fish around in the bottom of the inside of the door.
Although I think its gone.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of one of these rod things?

·
Registered
30 Posts
i would describe it as a cable in a stiff tube. if this is any help, this is what it should look like...

it's what mine looks like anyway. :)

it goes from the interior door handle somehwere into the big white box thing on the left. i dont know exactly where at the mo as i havent managed to get it out yet. i will be trying again tomorrow and if i find anything more conclusive i'll give you a shout!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts