Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Little Megger
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

been experiencing some issues with my 2012 2.2.Tdci TXS estate.had engine malfunction come on a few times in the past weeks. I have plugged it into my forscan software, and determined it was unable to complete a DPF regeneration due to a P244C fault code.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

So reading other threads available, & making other checks etc, I have ordered a replacement valve assembly from Ebay (£180) as opposed to dealer at £250+vat?!, this arrives next week...

However around 1 month ago during a routine scan to review dpf soot load etc, It did throw up another code, for the egr...this was error P1412 (EGr frozen).

I had cleared the code, and hasn't come back since.

So this now also has me thinking that the dpf could be trying to regen more often due to a sticky egr valve?

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Can easy checks be made for the EGR on this engine, either manually, or using forscan etc.

I'm changing the valve assembly, and am I likely looking at the route cause being the egr?

I have noticed that over the last month the regens seem to be more often..

thoughts and help appreciated.

Attachments

·
Little Megger
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Simon, recently had the same with my 2011 2.2, i use it as a cab 165,000mls started having many regens two or three an evening, eventually got p1412 up. in a nutshell the EGR was screwed very slightly open still allowing gas through, the effect of this was to increase regens but after fitting new EGR the regens became a lot less frequent but the new problem was lumpy idle on start up when warm. I was just about to go and get a set of injectors when a mate of mine rightly pointed out it was probably a sticky turbo vane, anyway i purchased a bottle of archoil fuel system cleaner, poured that in and then went at the induction pipe with a couple of cans of Wynns EGR cleaner which iam reliably informed also loosens cruddy turbos. 600mls later it still runs like a steam train no more codes :first:

·
Little Megger
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Simon, recently had the same with my 2011 2.2, i use it as a cab 165,000mls started having many regens two or three an evening, eventually got p1412 up. in a nutshell the EGR was screwed very slightly open still allowing gas through, the effect of this was to increase regens but after fitting new EGR the regens became a lot less frequent but the new problem was lumpy idle on start up when warm. I was just about to go and get a set of injectors when a mate of mine rightly pointed out it was probably a sticky turbo vane, anyway i purchased a bottle of archoil fuel system cleaner, poured that in and then went at the induction pipe with a couple of cans of Wynns EGR cleaner which iam reliably informed also loosens cruddy turbos. 600mls later it still runs like a steam train no more codes :first:
yeah I was thinking my egr is sometimes sticking following the frozen alarm i had. but in the last weeks it hasn't reappeared.

haven't changed out my injector valve assembly in the front end of the dpf yet, but I have been monitoring the egr and cat temperatures using an app on my mobile..via the obd.

I downloaded the full version of Torque...once I configured my dash you can see all sort. a clever device to review whats happening live.

(screen shot : (not live))

Audio equipment Font Camera accessory Auto part Circle

I noted that the egr closes during a regen, and once completed opens up again. so far its performing.

I might get some of the wynns egr cleaner you mentioned. But i still plan to change the valve assy now i have it...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.