Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Little Megger
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys been a few years since I posted, because quite frankly nothing has gone wrong with my car.......until now.
Over the past 6 months had 'engine malfunction' prompt coming up on every journal, and more recently the engine management light coming on and staying on. Upon plugging the car into my friends (who is a mechanic by trade) versa machine, it recorded error logs pointing to the DPF on all of them. My friend said it would be cheaper to remove the DPF than to replace, or attempt to clean it out via 'terra clean'.
So off I went and had it removed today for £320 (just after xmas ouch lol)
Anyway my car is a 2010 Mondeo Titanium X 163 standard. After a stage 1 remap its probably near 200bhp now, however im sure after the removal of the DPF its maybe added more torque and bhp?
Does anyone know if this is the case, as it goes like a rocket now, and strangely returns better MPG. Figure that ive never seen before! Just wow.
Anyway happy driving peeps :)

· Super Moderator
31,911 Posts
DPF burns extra fuel to clean itself, a stupid idea. So its really green until its doing

a regen where it probably pollutes worse than a 1970's diesel.

I hope you kept the DPF though. They are talking of clamping down on this for the MOTs.

Been quite a few reports of the MOT being stricter on tests to see if the DPF is still fitted

and actually working.

· Little Megger
100 Posts
It will fail the new MOT coming out in May. Any vehicle that is supposed to be fitted with a DPF which emits any kind of visible smoke during the metered test will automatically fail the MOT. This is due to the number of people taking the guts out of them.

The sad part is the DPF fault issue you had could've just been one of the two short rubber pipes going from the DPF to the pressure sensors. It throws up the same fault as a blocked DPF filter. The pipes crack from going brittle due to the temperature of the DPF filter. They're so easy to replace that my local garage only charged half an hours labour and threw in the pipe for free as its just regular 8mm fuel hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.