Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Driver Alert on MK5 Info Screen

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TreborB 
#1 ·
Hi

Had a new warning message pop up on dash of the MK5 yesterday, three miles into a 5 mile journey. ( Essential weekly main food delivery to Mum ) Message was advising me to "Take a Rest" Anyone seen this one before.

Never see this one before, only cause I can think of was that the strong gusting winds were unsettling car. The sensors perceived this as me driving poorly.

Peter

#2 ·
It's that "coffee break" thing isn't it when veh's "brain" has worked out/decided the driver is overdue a rest.

I thought you could reset it, but forgotten if you can or how to (if you can)

I used to get it flash up on my numerous trips (but not everyone!) when I did my same day return to Penzance and back, 600 miles

#3 ·
Hi Clever cloggs.

That message comes up if you accidentally cross the the white lines. I think you may not have to actually cross it but approaching it to within inches is enough. If you do this consecutively within a couple of minutes over a short distance, the system thinks the driver may be falling asleep. That said you mentioned strong winds. May be a couple of strong crosswinds may have pushed the car slightly towards the line. That's my experience and I don't know how correct I am.

Hope this helps. :)

#4 ·
Hi

Get your point but I think if car was moving towards centre line by that amount, lane warning would have kicked in and steering wheel would have shaken.

I believe warning to rest showed because wind movement of car on suspension fooled sensors into assuming movement was because I had relaxed my grip slightly on wheel.

Peter

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
The lane warning won't kick in if it's switched off (mine always was)

The Take A Rest Coffee Cup comes up when the veh thinks you should have a rest IIRC

I don't have a Mk5 now but I am sure the details are written in the handbook

I never understood why mine used to rarely come on but it was never consistent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.