Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I open my drivers door with the key the alarm goes off, if I open the passengers door it doesn't!!
Anyone know if this is something easy to put right???
It's a MK1..
The garage that did my MOT has bu**ered the remote part of the key!!
Thanks Alan

·
MEG Corporal
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I put my car in for it's mot which it failed on the wishbones and the garage has broken the remote.. it's so annoying to have to unlock via the passenger door every time.
So if you can explain how I mend it I would appreciate it.

Cheers

Alan

·
Everybody lies
4,510 Posts
MondyAl said:
well I put my car in for it's mot which it failed on the wishbones and the garage has broken the remote.. it's so annoying to have to unlock via the passenger door every time.
So if you can explain how I mend it I would appreciate it.

Cheers

Alan
Buy a new switch, remove door card, remove lock assembly, remove old switch, fit new switch, reassemble.

·
MEG Corporal
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could you please explain the taking out the locking mech... I can plainly see there's 3 screws holding it to the door but it wont move after that.. I dont want to just go taking things off as I'm running out of light (perhaps I have to lol) I can see 2 bolts that look like they hold the handle in place.. Do I have to take these out??
There is a plastic plate right where I obviously want to go, So am I right in thinking that the rest has to come out to give me access to where I need to go??

Thanks for any help :L

·
Everybody lies
4,510 Posts
As well as the big screws there`s a little one above them that needs to come out, yes, the handle bolts need to come off as well. You should then be able to move the lock down and out. keep an eye on whats connected to what in case something pops off!.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.