Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Just bought a set of half leather electric memory seats. Passenger 1 is working fine when you connect some power up. But the drivers side does nothing. I am assuming this is because of the memory function. Is there anyway to get around the memory function so the seat works like the passengers 1 without the memory. Any wiring diagrams or any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
MEG Corporal
1,548 Posts
The memory seat has 2 lives and 2 earths as well as 2 can bus wires. Depending on your model, you may have the extra wires under the seat. Even if you haven't, if you are a little electrically minded, you can add the extra wires. The only way to get them working same as passengers though is to take all the motors out and replace them with non memory motors. Probably easier to add the wires to the car, if you haven't got them.

I can supply a wiring diagram if you give me your email address

Gary

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks gary. Email address is [email protected] I will have a look at the wiring diagram and see if i fancy attempting it. I have found the wires that operate each motor and have had them all working by unplugging the plug in the control module under the drivers seat and applying power to the two power wires going to the motors. There are 4 or 5 wires in total. I assume the other 2 or 3 wires are position senor wires for the memory function. Probably some sort of variable resistor or something like that. Potentiometer maybe. I am not sure. I am thinking i need to look at the wiring on the switch on the paasenger seat to see how to wire up the switch on drivers side directly to the motors or maybe via relays so as not to burn the switches out. Do you have wiring diagrams for the switches in the seats aswell. If you do i would be greatful if you could email me those also. Is it possible to fit these in a facelift and pre-facelift as i have both and havent decided which car to put them in yet. 08 titanium x or a 13 zetec. The seats are from a pre-facelift. I have heated seats in the titanium do you know if the cooling will work without any other modification? Thanks again. Danny

·
MEG Corporal
1,548 Posts
No problem, will send

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gary. I managed to remove the memory module and rewire the switch. It now works like passenger side seat. ????
Thanks for diagrams.

·
34 Posts
Please send me the diagrams as i have issue with my memory function that made me disable the seat in order to drive...

thisable @ gmail.com

Thanks!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Gary I know this is a old post you did but do you please still have the wiring diagrams, as I am going through the same thing with our new seats.

·
Big Megger
3,043 Posts
Reactions: apollogary

·
Big Megger
3,043 Posts
Can I her the diagram aswell?

If He is still around
Send him a DM, instead of waiting to see if he sees the message.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts