Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, as you can see from the title I drove my Mk4 into a big puddle in the pitch black the other night. Luckily I got pushed out within 10 minutes so it wasn't terminal, and the water itself was pretty fresh melt snow and icy rain mostly. The thing was in it above the knee.

Aside from spending the last few days mopping up and running heaters in the footwells with the carpets and padding up as best I can and drying out the headlights on the radiators in the flat etc the only real faults to have emerged so far appear to be a loose connection on an airbag sensor somewhere and a dodgy average fuel gauge... the gauge is basically going nuts.

Feel free to mock me!, but when you've stopped laughing any info on the fuel gauges in one of these things would be much appreciated. Also any advice on draining the oil, changing filters etc as well. Can do without telling the dealer to be honest!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Hi everybody, as you can see from the title I drove my Mk4 into a big puddle in the pitch black the other night. Luckily I got pushed out within 10 minutes so it wasn't terminal, and the water itself was pretty fresh melt snow and icy rain mostly. The thing was in it above the knee.

Aside from spending the last few days mopping up and running heaters in the footwells with the carpets and padding up as best I can and drying out the headlights on the radiators in the flat etc the only real faults to have emerged so far appear to be a loose connection on an airbag sensor somewhere and a dodgy average fuel gauge... the gauge is basically going nuts.

Feel free to mock me!, but when you've stopped laughing any info on the fuel gauges in one of these things would be much appreciated. Also any advice on draining the oil, changing filters etc as well. Can do without telling the dealer to

·
Fluent in Geek
664 Posts
I suspect it's probably dried out by now as it has been almost 10 years since it happened
Hahaha, seems to be alot of recent necro-posts...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts