Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please please can somebody tell me how the hell do i cure the rattle from the boot area,
bloody squeeking plastic or something

its not the seats as they were left down and she still does it.

i have twatted all the panels around the inside of the boot window

sparayed silicone based lube around there too

boot lid feels tight as theres no movement when shut

but she still does it over pot holes etc

driving me mad :mad:

any help :L

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible parcel shelf,just had a look and the rubber bungs arnt touching the boot lid,

look as thiugh the shelf has bowed,even if i raise the rubber bits on the panels that sit on either side of the parcel shelf the rubber grommets on the edge of the shelf still dont touch the boot lid so maybe its rattling up and down??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah tried woth the parcel shelf out and its still bloody doing it,

get a cracking noise from the tailgate as if somethings moving,

god knows what though as i have belted everything aznd its all tight,

only plastic part of the trim that moves at all is the piece that runs along the top of the boot lid,where the brake light is situated.

but it has black cloth stuff on it so that shouldnt squeek?

·
Registered
114 Posts
hi,
get the car on a ramp and check the bushes on the rear drop links,(cant remember the exact name of them) you will most likley find the bushes are worn, i had the same problem on my mk 1 td, sounded like it was fron the boot area.
please post back with your findings.
regards, alan

·
Registered
621 Posts
Jump in the back and get someone else to drive it.

I resorted to this after not being able to find a squeak; from the driver's seat it sounded like it was coming from the driver's door seal at about head height, from front passenger seat it sounded like it was coming from the headlining in between the rear driver's side door and the boot.

I jumped in the back and found it was just the door seal squeaking against the trim right by the small window on the rear door, a little bit of jiggery-pokery and it was fine!

I know where you're coming from as I've had the boot trim out, headlining pulled down, door seals out, stuck foam padding in places that I probably shouldn't have, etc.

Hope you find it.

Cheers,

Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.