Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MEG Commander
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I will shortly be buying a new car as some nob crashed into the back of mine and drove off :angryfire:

Anyway i will be having 2 of these Link

Wondering which dual wiring kit to use for these and all i cant find is a 2000w one and a 1000w one but the total power of them is 600w each so i dont know what to do.

Any help would be fab guys :L :L :L

·
MEG Commander
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im thinking the 2000w kit is to much for me seen as the amps combined are only 1200w :( and obviously the 1000 is not quite enough.

·
MEG Sergeant
1,283 Posts
biggest you can afford the thicker the wire the more current it can carry and you get less voltage drop which equals more power :)

·
Registered
971 Posts
wont damage anything, always best using thicker cables that are able to handle more than what you intend to use, ive got three amps in my boot and looking to add a fourth, main power cable from the battery is about 8 - 9 mm thick with three more coming out of a distribution box each running to a separate amp, just make sure your earth cables are at least (preferbily thicker)as the positive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.