Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
mondeo less
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off if this is in the wrong place then move it :L

Right I got (did have) a mondeo on my drive that I was breaking. On friday a man knocked on the door to see what we were doing with it mrs told him to come back today (monday). So mrs goes out today and when she got back the car was gone :evil: How do I go about letting the dvla know that I haven't got it anymore? :L

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
First of all I'd call the police, regardless of anything else, there has technically been a theft. If the car was on your drive and not on public roads, then it deosn't really matter what you are doing with it.

When you find out where its gone, then contact the DVLA but at least if you contact to police, they will have it on record so if the plates are used for anything, you can say the car wasn't in your posetion :L

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
What state was the car in? Bits missing or complete?

It just seems odd that someone would nick a car thats being broken for parts. :crazy:

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
scottdog said:
Ok first off if this is in the wrong place then move it :L

Right I got (did have) a mondeo on my drive that I was breaking. On friday a man knocked on the door to see what we were doing with it mrs told him to come back today (monday). So mrs goes out today and when she got back the car was gone :evil: How do I go about letting the dvla know that I haven't got it anymore? :L
My guess is gypos / travellers / pikeys (call them what you like), Leicester seems to have its fair share of these.

It wouldn't supprise me if they've lifted it for scrap metal. I know it's not quite on the same scale, but about 6 months ago we put our old dishwaher down the side of the house for the council to collect, and someone knicked it! You often see gypos driving around slowly looking for stuff, so it wouldn't supprise me.

But whichever way you look on it, it's still theft.

·
Registered
219 Posts
yeah i forgot about the gypos, if its them then you might aswell cut your losses, police wont touch them with a million mile barge pole, basically because the bobby on the beat would get mullered raped and married into their family, or something along those lines.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.