Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Saabnessness is mine!
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Dunno if anyone has experienced this but I was driving to work this morning and noticed that one minute speedo was fine, but the next it was flopping around like a landed fish, just bouncing up and down. :loopy:

Any thoughts?

Cheers

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
had that on my rev counter never got round to sorting it though because i had other probs with the car and i scrap'd it

·
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think it must be a loose connection as it didn't happen at all on way home. Think I let it settle for a week or so and see what becomes of it.

Cheers for the input.

·
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh b*lls,

Problem has progressed to the engine now. Noticed this on way in to work this morning and even more tonight on way home. When the dial starts flouncing around the engine sort of starts doing mini surges and retards (engine braking). I'm just holding accelerator steady, but engine seems to be doing it's own thing. It only seems to happen once engine is warmed up properly, like after 5/6 miles.

Don't think I feel safe driving it like that, especially as it seems to be getting worse. Ho hum, back on bus and car into Ford's for a week.

Anyone any ideas? Think i'll stick this post in the engine section too.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts