Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently received my new Ford Mondeo with the Ford Easy Fill system. I'm very pleased with the car so far but noticed on my third fill-up at the petrol station that there were some loose plastic parts and spring laying behind the filler door (see pictures). A rubber seal around the opening of the filler neck was also hanging out; this seemed to be pushed back in place when the pump nozzle was inserted.

Any idea what these parts are, and should I be concerned??

Many thanks in advance,

Simon.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Central Tech,

Thank you for the prompt reply, that might be why I hadn't noticed it the first couple of times. Although I'm wondering if it's been like this from day one!

I'll give Ford a ring and get it sorted.

Thanks again,

Simon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob, I agree.... is this system really that much easier than have to remove a filler cap??

The slight convenience has been completed overshadowed by having to return the vehicle for a warranty repair.

·
188 Posts
Rob, I agree.... is this system really that much easier than have to remove a filler cap??

The slight convenience has been completed overshadowed by having to return the vehicle for a warranty repair.
It's not really about ease, it's more about fleet customers and rental companies liking the fact that it is pretty well impossible to misfuel the vehicle. It's also reassuring if you have a family member go fill up when it isn't their regular car, and theirs is a different fuel type. It must save a significant number of misfuels.

·
Registered
593 Posts
It's better than the one on the MK3 Focus - some pumps with the Focus would continuously cut out not something I've noticed with the Mondeo.

Misfuelling is a massive problem for organisations/companies who run fleets. It certainly is where I work.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I thought on fords at least its been impossible to put a petrol nozzle in a diesel car for a long time now. Sure my friend found out when he converted a Transit connect to an RS2000 engine, had to use a filling tube to get the petrol in.

For me its the fact that if the nozzle is short the liquid your trying to get in just goes on the floor. A nightmare for using additives. I used to be able to just pour them in from a little 50ml bottle and that was it. Now i have to use that stupid filler tube which gets covered in a rather horrible smelling additive that then needs putting in a bag so as not to get any on the interior of the car. Its a right faff.

·
grumpy old git
2,271 Posts
Be very glad of this device. The first thing my mate did on my skoda diesel when he borrowed it was fill it up to the brim with petrol.
Don't waste your money on additives

·
grumpy old git
2,271 Posts
Ford state in the manual : "we do not recommend the use of additional additives or other engine treatments for normal vehicle use", so any use would render your warranty invalid

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ford state in the manual : "we do not recommend the use of additional additives or other engine treatments for normal vehicle use", so any use would render your warranty invalid
Why would they, does using Shell V-Power rather than standard fuel invalidate your warranty. Rather than needing to go on the hunt for Shell or BP garages i can use any and add the additives myself.

A lot of manufacturers use additives of some form for various reasons anyway, ive had BG44K put in by mazda as part of a service. Adblue is another commonly used one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts