Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a front pair of EBC grooved disc's,for the MK3,can anyone suggest a brand of pads that
will work well with these disc's.
Thank you chaps. :L

·
Registered
621 Posts
I've got Greenstuff with mine, even though some people don't rate them that well.

I thought that matching the brands would be the best bet.

They've bedded in quite nicely now and once they've warmed up a bit they really are much better than the standard brakes at higher speeeds.

I don't notice any real performance increase at low speeds and/or town driving though.

Cheers,

Nick

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
I use redstuffs but not on a mondeo.....ferodo DS2500's are supposed to be fantastic (and bloody expensive!!!)but dont know wether they do them for the mondeo! Good match to EBC discs

·
IS BACK!!
2,976 Posts
i've got redstuffs on my motor too, i'll be going for the ferodo DS2500's next as the are supposed to be the badgers nadgers.......... but funnily enough cheaper than EBC redstuffs for the brembo four-pot calipers.

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
apparently the ferodo DS3000 is also good, but maybe more suitable for a trackday type thing...need a bit of heat to get going. But then they say that about redstuff, i find them fine though i still get a little fade after some really aggressive braking, even with DoT 5.1 fluid. I think i need braided hoses......

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
when i had the ebc discs on mine i put the green stuff pads on, and i found that i had loads of brake fade, changed the discs for none make and way hay great braking once again, to be honest the ebc discs don't really go well on my mondy, they warped within 3 months, and ebc would not change them, they put the blame on the garge by fitting them wrong, the garage where i got them from was my powerflow dealer and i trust them 100% with my car, just ebc playing the game and ripping people off

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
i thought yellowstuff was basically a track/rally type pad? Its been a while since i looked at EBC's website. No probs with warping here though, according to what i read on the Evo site, bedding them in properly involves a few 100-20 rapid de-acceleration tests.....but that might be ferodos rather than green or reds :woot:

·
MEG Corporal
592 Posts
Merry Xmas!

I have EBC Turbo Discs and Greenstuff and thye do feel better than the original ones from Ford. I now need to replace these as they are getting worn, so am interested to know whether the greenstuff are still worth getting or changing to another type?

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
black diamond disc and pad set up are really
good
green stuff pads are good too
thats what iam putting on my next with performance
disc
might do a 300mm conversion tho not sure yet
but my favourite got to be ap/brembo monster four/six pots :L

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.