Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously the EcoSport has a sideways opening boot door and I was wondering how practical everyone thought this was? I've never been in the situation so is it tricky if I was to be in a carpark with other cars surrounding me and would I now need to park in the empty corner all the time and hope no one parks behind me.

Seems like a whole lot of trouble everytime I want to put the shopping in the boot.

Anyone got any advice?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree, I've personally never been in a situation where I couldn't open the boot because a car is too close. Cars park close on the sides but never behind. Personally I think it was a waste to design the boot door that way considering it was never really a problem in the first place. Hopefully future models will let you choose whether you want that feature in the first place.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think this would be a problem, but if it ever were, I think you can access the boot from the two rear doors in addition to the boot door. If someone ever did park so close behind you that you couldn't open the boot door, you could always load shopping in from one of the side doors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts