Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Silver Fox
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - wheres the best place to get an EGR blanking plate please? Best? Do i mean cheapest?
After reading on here i think mine is a EURO 3 with the EGR at the back of the engine to the right-hand side.
2002 TDCi 130 (build date November 2001).
No electrical connections.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
i got mine off ebay for a couple of quid mate

·
Little Megger
93 Posts
Graeme Welch is starting to make them again. I got a decat off him couple of years back and it is great. I have asked him to contact me when he has got stock of blank plates. His are 3-5mm I believe, but best to double check. I can PM you his email address and he will be more than glad to help you out

·
Old Fords never die they just keep on rolling.
3,051 Posts
Graeme Welch is starting to make them again. I got a decat off him couple of years back and it is great. I have asked him to contact me when he has got stock of blank plates. His are 3-5mm I believe, but best to double check. I can PM you his email address and he will be more than glad to help you out
I blanked mines with a GW plate over two years ago and have done over 150.000 miles on it and it is hardly marked at all. Have heard of some burning through after a while.

·
Silver Fox
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks chaps, I pm'd GW.

·
Silver Fox
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fitted my EGR blanking plate on Sunday, got it off eBay (can provide contact if required). Can't really say what the difference is yet, too early, but it did feel better, not as 'woolie' low down. I'll see how it goes.
Easy to fit, undo two bolts, fit plate, tighten up. I hope it helps with the cool running. I understand the exhaust gases released into the combustion chamber are cooler. Now it should run hotter. I have changed the oil cooler stat., next is the main stat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My EGR seems to be in the front left hand side of the engine bay but has no electrical connections. Is mine euro 3 or 4? its a 52 plate 2.0 tdci. Does the blanket plate bolt onto the manifold?

·
Registered
246 Posts
My EGR seems to be in the front left hand side of the engine bay but has no electrical connections. Is mine euro 3 or 4? its a 52 plate 2.0 tdci. Does the blanket plate bolt onto the manifold?
Yours is euro 3, you can blank yours without any engine management light issues or anything. The blanking plate goes between the EGR valve and the metal pipe that goes into it (comes from back of the engine, from the EGR cooler, and the exhaust manifold). Save you having to clean it all the time and can improve performance/economy a little bit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Back bolt looks a bit tricky to get at. Any easy way to access it?

Also when re-tightening bolts are there any tips for not over tightening them as they
look like they might snap or strip quite easy?

·
Old Fords never die they just keep on rolling.
3,051 Posts
8mm spanner us what I used and it is awkward to get at. Just tighten them up very carefully and it just needs to be tight enough to stop any gasses from coming out.

·
1,211 Posts
Hi - wheres the best place to get an EGR blanking plate please? Best? Do i mean cheapest?
After reading on here i think mine is a EURO 3 with the EGR at the back of the engine to the right-hand side.
2002 TDCi 130 (build date November 2001).
No electrical connections.
  • Just thought you might like to know totalguy is doing a groupbuy of EGR DELETE hose and pipe kit that will replace the inlet hoses and EGR system
  • -
  • benifits are -
  • the pipes and hoses are straighter, more direct, the pipe that runs from the front to the back of the engine to the EGR valve is removed - reducing the internal volume of the turbo to manifold pipework - which improves pick up throttle response and reduces turbo lag
  • -
  • if the EGR pipes are still attached even with a blanking plate these pipes warm the inlet air reducing power
  • with the EGR DELETE the air going into the engine is cooler - increasing power and improving MPG
  • -
  • on the turbo side with the EGR connected even if it is blocked - some of the heat energy is lost
  • with the EGR DELETE none of this heat energy is lost - reducing lag and improving turbo spool up time
  • -
  • some of the pipes and hoses are replaced with new ones - tidying things up under the bonnet and replacing the old unreliable pipes
  • -
  • withe the group buy TG can bring the price down to tirty quid - not a lot of money these days is it?
  • -
  • to sum up you get petter performance and economy new neater and more reliable pipes & hoses for £30!
  • pictures shows dirty old prototype- these will be new pipes and hoses-

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts