Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I've got a bit of a judder coming from my '07 S-Max 2.0 TDCI when under load at about 1750 rpm. Google seems to indicate that this is likely to be an EGR issue. I'm inclined to remove the EGR and the inlet manifold to remove 50k miles of rubbish but wondered if there was any benefit in deleting the EGT whilst I'm at it?

I guess it will throw an engine management light, is there any way this can be kept off?

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
as its euro 4 nothing can be done about the light at the moment if you remove the egr completely. Best thing at the moment is a good clean.

there's a member who is looking at an egr eml defeat but its early days yet.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts

·
Little Megger
122 Posts
It may not be the EGR, and may be down to one of the Pierburg valves bolted to the side of the block, just above the gearbox. One of ours has packed up, and we get a judder/stutter around the same rev range. One controls the turbo (rear one) the other various vacuum items, and it's this one that's died on ours.

I've blanked off the EGR by inserting a plate in the pipe from EGR to inlet, there's a seller on ebay that does them for around a fiver. It's worth cleaning as much crud out as you can as it's thick horrid gloop and can't do anything much good.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have a Mondeo 2.0 TDCi (Mk3) and recently cleaned out my EGR valve after reading about them on here. If you're thinking it might not be worth doing as it may not solve your problem, take a look at the thread below, showing the EGR and manifold from my car with 60,000 on the clock. My car now starts better and runs noticeably better, particularly in 1st gear where it was a little chuggy before at low speed. I'm glad I did it, and I'll do it again when it gets to 80,000 or so.

http://www.talkford.com/topic/195207-my-egr-valve-and-manifold/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts