Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi first post so sorry if this isn't in the right place.

I have a 2013 1.6tdci C Max on 97k. It has been trouble free motoring until this issue popped up.

I had the code P042E with the engine management light on, after a little research it seemed best to change the egr valve.

I changed the valve, even though the original part didn't look dirty at all really. But I still have the same code and EML after the new valve has been installed...

When you start the car it won't have the EML but once you get going it flashes up "engine malfunction" and puts it in limp mode.

Any ideas?

TIA

·
Super Moderator
29,701 Posts
Does your OBD tool have live data? What readings are you getting for the EGR valve?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately not, I've ordered a connector for the pc so I can have a look on forscan, hut I've never used that software.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi sorry it's taken so long, I ordered the obd adapter but didn't know about the driver, I've only got a notebook with next to no memory and no disk drive so I ordered a scanner with live data.

The egr readings are all over the place, it is never a steady number and after about 3 to 5 seconds it settles on egr error at 99.2% which is the same reading as when the egr is unplugged.

Oddly enough I have been driving it around with the egr unplugged as an experiment for a few days and it drives as normal pulling well economy is good and all is well, except the EML.

Does this point to me needing a auto electrician or is it something I might be able to do myself, I'm willing and fairly competent if it's a mechanical issue.

Thanks 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts