Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Little Megger
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Last week, because of some obvious confusion as to the type and location of the EGR valve on the Duratec HE engine, I posted a drawing of this item, which I had modified from TIS. For some reason, each time I try to say what this valve looks like,or where it is located, the Mods remove it. If any of you think I am wrong, then please tell me, but I know I an correct. The valve is driven directly from the PCM via a multiple wire cable and socket to a stepper motor mounted on its upper end. The valve is thus opened and closed, in steps, as required. At its lower end is a coolant pipe, fed from a spliced tube in a main coolant pipe. It is bolted to the engine end casting, just above the gearbox on the passenger side (in UK) of the car. AThe drawing is again copied below:-

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
came acorss this old post while trying to find a answer, can anyone explain how the coolant pipe that connects to the egr actually works, there seems no other path so it cannot flow, there are no waterways on the head it connects to and the gasket is a simple metal gasket and not water tight, does water pressure control it in someway

1 - 2 of 2 Posts