Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Big Megger
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following my post about the faults codes I had stored in my ECU. I decided to clear the codes and the EGR fault code came back after a 40-50 mile drive.

I'm still trying to find someone who can explain what I need to do to solve the problem?

I've read some people block it off? but then some say it can cause problems at the MOT?
So what's best?

Does it just need cleaning? If so, where do I find it in the engine and how do I do it?

Thank you :)

·
Love my cheap to run Mondy's
658 Posts
The fault is usually with the egr solenoid, on the bulkhead. (I'm assuming it's a MK2?)

At one time I believed that the effects of this valve were quite significant, and would affect the emissions for the MOT, but the honourable members of this site put me right. The cost of a new valve is about fifty pounds, for what is a tiny minimal effect on emissions that shouldn't affect your mot at all.

So, yank the two hoses off the valve and block em off with a bolt in each. (There are various opinions, but this is the correct way to do it I believe; perhaps someone would care to say otherwise if it's not).

Not entirely sure if that will make your fault code go away though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.