Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked about and there are loads of little posts about them.

I am thinking of either taking my apart (I think this can be done lol) or fitting a new one.

At the moment it's block, but I fancy doing the above then unblock it and see how it runs then.

Anyone know how much one is, are they a Ford only part or can I get one from a motor factors?

·
Formerly known as cilla black
15,701 Posts
if your cars running fine dan why fiddle with it???

was it blocked when it went on the rollers???
has it hat a MOT since its been blocked???

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MPG is still low tho :(

Yes it was blocked on the rollers and nope, no MOT with it

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Sure I have seen posts on here where people have taken them off, cleaned them and put them back on. Not easy on a MK1/2, but the MK3's are apparently do'able.

·
15,701 Posts
to do them on a mk3 you would have to have bendy arms , looks like it would be a right pig to remove, dan have you tried driving sensibly??? :whistling:

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
johnnyb said:
to do them on a mk3 you would have to have bendy arms , looks like it would be a right pig to remove, dan have you tried driving sensibly??? :whistling:
How do you do that then?

Yes, I have tried different driving styles and it does improve a little, but not much

·
15,701 Posts
dan, i had this problem with my TDDI, i found a bottle of cataclean, a can of 10k boost (diesel) did the trick then i run it on bp ultimate and had no problems whatsoever and the MPG shot up, now since i have give the car to the wife she uses cheapy crappo diesel and the car drives like a right old banger, ive tried telling her but she wont listen...

·
15,701 Posts
PMB said:
Does the difference in supermarket diesel compared to Bp ultimate or other branded fuel really make much of a difference?

Brad.
in my car YES, it really did, with BP ultimate it felt like a totally different car :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
ive not touched my egr and no smoke and mpg is ok i guess considering the driving i do i would try take it off and clean it up its been done on a tdci before anyway i cant remember who it was did it though.

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been running Millers through it nearly every tank so far. I cant afford to run it on expensive diesel, I average 2K miles a month!

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
tbh i havent noticed any difference using the millers stuff i doubt ill buy it again. but fair play it was good value for money maybe my car is just running optimum considering its been looked after and i get no smoke and i havent touched the egr.

·
MEG Corporal
894 Posts
We have established on here previously that there are two positions for the mk3 EGR valve. On some (like mine) its on the front left of the engine by the cam chain and you couldn't ask for an easier bit to get at. On others its over on the right and not so easly to find or work on. Look in the old threads and there are some photos.

This is a subject close to my heart as mine has just started to play up. The last three weeks the car has started and then refused to rev for about a minute and also has developed a smokey stutter at about 12-1500 revs so its going in for a look under warrenty in the next month when I get some time.

Its the first real problem the car has had in 41k miles

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
do you mean rear right?? because thats where the tddi one is i dunno about tdci

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine is round the back (oooerrr!)

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
must be 3 positions then, front left , front right and rear right.

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
from looking at the car front on?

·
Megger
90 Posts
Dan

Had mine changed under warranty.
Ford said ECU needs checking/upgrading after EGR change.
ECU upgraded under warranty as well.
Mines a Tdci, may be different on Tddi?
Perhaps if it is only cleaned ECU should be OK?

Pete

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.