Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. New to this forum so thanks for letting me post.

My 91 year old elderly uncle has been forced to give up driving. He has an R reg Granda Scorpio 2.3 Ghia X in deep green, which I am looking to sell on his behalf. the car is in truly outstanding condition - always garaged and rarely used. Only 43k from new with himself as the only owner (was a Ford demo). I have every document associated to the car including the original sales invoice. The car has huge service history and was his pride and joy.
Any ideas as to value please or the best place to sell - thanks again.

·
Registered
2017 Mondeo ST Line X hatchback 2.0 TDCi 180.
703 Posts
is this a Granada or a Scorpio? on the Granada, Scorpio was the name for the top spec car in the UK. Ghia X was one step down. not sure how it can be both. the Granada, if you are unsure, is the 'overgrown Sierra' looking one, but on an R plate, id guess its a 'bug eyed' Scorpio. also it may help if people know if its Auto or Manual.

·
I Love Diesel
2,509 Posts
I just went onto Car & Classic website to check these cars out and this one is on there. I guess you had the same idea. Looks like a one-off.

·
Super Moderator
31,434 Posts
If someone does not get the hump or sue them first for listing a 16valve model as a 24valve.. :)

Think you need to change the title. Says sellers phone is protected but I can see a number is that yours? (ends 199)?

Wish you luck with the sale but I think its not going to sell quickly at that price, £6k may get more bites
but maybe a bit less than that. 2.9 Cosworth also listed should give you an idea of its value.

Always thought it strange they hated that design yet Mercedes had a similar shape soon after and
little was said about that?

Me I am a scrooge and that £2450 estate looks good value. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If someone does not get the hump or sue them first for listing a 16valve model as a 24valve.. :)

Think you need to change the title. Says sellers phone is protected but I can see a number is that yours? (ends 199)?

Wish you luck with the sale but I think its not going to sell quickly at that price, £6k may get more bites
but maybe a bit less than that. 2.9 Cosworth also listed should give you an idea of its value.

Always thought it strange they hated that design yet Mercedes had a similar shape soon after and
little was said about that?

Me I am a scrooge and that £2450 estate looks good value. :)
Good. morning to you all and thanks for the replies. It's clearly the bug-eyed Scorpio, not the best looking thing but someone's got to love her??!!
This really is a 'one off' but I make you right PURPLE _L _L, that estate looks tempting!

I had no idea where to start the price but the old 'you can always come down' has served me well in the past....... will give it a while and see what happens.
Thanks again all, enjoy the sun!

Cheers :cool:(y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts