Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I wonder if anyone has any ideas. I have a Mondeo 2.0litre automatic zetec. Driving home last night the airbag light started to flash but then went off. This morning there was no eletric windows, heater/blower, front/rear windscreen wipers/washers, no brakelights and airbag light was flashing.

All fuses have been checked, OK. All earthing points, OK. The mechanic phoned Ford helpline and they said they had not come across this before. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to say it comes up as six flashes. I have read a post about the clockspring and have just checked and the horn works. Back to reading past posts!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It starts fine. The electrics that work are radio, headlights, indicators, front/rear heated screens. The mechanic was on it for three hours and is very perplexed. I keep reading about the clockspring but no one ever mentions all the electrics that have gone that we have.

The airbag light first came on when we were going over road bumps then sharp turning so it still seems as if it could be clockspring related.

That said I know only what I've Googled so if anyone has any ideas.... :L

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
Have a look at www.mirez.co.uk - there is a list of fault codes in there.

It will be a fault with the airbag or seatbelt pre-tensioner system, maybe a simple as a loose connector.

I have a similar problem, but I get four flashes which is a pre-tensioner fault. Playing around with one of the connectors made it better, but it still comes on occasionaly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that. Its a one then six flashes. Mk3 seem to have the double digit flashes. My hubby has checked the pretensioner sockets, no joy. We have booked it into an ex Ford garage, the mechanics have set up on their own. They seem to think it needs resetting. Hubby explained we don't want to pay another £45 to plug it in and then say 'can't help you'. They seemed confident enough thats what it is and then they can reset the codes. We'll see!

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
put some cable ties round em m8 to stop any movement when moving the seats etc :L

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.