Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I f*cked up!

I really need your help guys!
I have an old Ford Fiesta MK4 from my grandparent. I decided to change the radio player to a newer one. I have some electronic knowledge about stuff and I didn't think I was gonna have any problem.
I facked up though while i was trying to put a connector on the 12V cable that constantly gives power to the radio (for memory) and in my case,I it gives power to the clock and all the internal lights. I touched the aluminum housing that the player was supposed to go and it did an arc Welding before I even had time to pull it. The 'welding' stopped and I thought it would be an easy fix by changing the fuses.

The problem is that all the fuses seem to be fine, Both on the driver's side and on the hood. I checked all the 3,5,10, 20 ones, and most of them also for continuity. I even changed the 4th fuse that seemed to power the clock and the lights. I am thinking it might be sth on the cable or I screwed it up big.
While checking Resistance between Ground and that orange cable I am measuring 120 Ω so it is probably connected to somewhere...
Any tips? Any ideas?
The fuse boxes:
1997-2002 Ford Fiesta Mk4 Fuse Box Diagram
Here is the spot where the cable touched.

r/Cartalk - Electrologic problem
just a photo of the storm.

r/Cartalk - Electrologic problem
Any tips? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
According to your linked fuse information, F2 serves the interior lights, clock & radio.
With the fuse in place, check the voltage on the bare metal top part of the fuse, should have 12v on both sides with respect to ground

If you use a test light rather than a meter, this can show a dim light if a there is a resistance in the circuit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to your linked fuse information, F2 serves the interior lights, clock & radio.
With the fuse in place, check the voltage on the bare metal top part of the fuse, should have 12v on both sides with respect to ground

If you use a test light rather than a meter, this can show a dim light if a there is a resistance in the circuit.
thank you. it seems that I was checking wrong fuses. it was blown after all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts