Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I did originally post this in the ICE forum but realised it was probably the wrong place...

People will probably have read in another post that I have retrofitted a Blaupunkt FX unit into my 2008 Mondeo.

I'm now in the process of trying to activate navigation in Convers+ but I'm having an issue with getting ELMConfig to talk to my car.

I've modified an existing ELM328 that I had with my MK3. I've tested it since the modification on my MK3 with Fordmidable and it works ok as before.

If I connect to my MK4 using ELMConfig then with it attempts to connect I get the error below:

Correct response from ELM timed

Received response to request "AT WS"

I've tried on multiple Windows laptops (7 & 8.1) but still no joy.

I did connect to it with Fordmidable but not many parts of it seemed to work and I have read elsewhere its not very good with the MK4/4.5 Mondeos. When I flicked the switch to see if there was an difference it did beep and bring my ABS light on, once I disconnected it went away.

If it makes any difference my current Convers+ version is 0906.

Any input/experience you have that you can feedback would be useful

Thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
have you tried reinstalling the software and trying again or restarting your laptop and the other one which I would try first is is going into device manager and changing the port that worked for me I think you will find it under Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

I've tried re-installing the runtime drivers, downloaded 3 versions of ELMConfig 2.6, 2.10 and 2.13b. Also tried on COM3, 4 & 5 but still have the same problem.

As the cable still works on my MK3 mondeo using Fordmidble I have to assume the cable is ok, but I'm open to the fact it may not be although we have also taken that part to confirm the connections are ok.

Any other thoughts? Is there anyone local to me in the South Derbyshire area that might be able to assist?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm investigating that i not have an ELM cable from what I originally purchased so I'm getting a replacement and will post back on my findings in a couple of days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found out the original cable i bought for Fordmidable and then modified did not have an ELM327 chipset. Ordered a new cable and its now connecting ok!!

I do have a new issue but will open a new thread for that

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, first of all let me just say this is a great forum!

I am John from Norway, sorry about the bad grammar.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this:

I recently bought and assambled original Cruise Control buttons for my Ford Mondeo 2009 MK4 TDCI 2.0. :D

All is looking very good and the new buttons came on with light.

I went ahead and bought me a good looking cable:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161806283109

New USB Modified ELM327 Elmconfig Forscan Ford Focus Mondeo S-Max Kuga

I downloaded the latest drivers from http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htmand installed the cable successfully.

I then installed ELMConfig 0.2.16c (the latest) with its prerequisite RuntimePackage. And connected the cable to the car.

There was alot of different "timeout" messages or "timed". Connection to the car clicking the "open port" button always seems to be fine, but reading from the BCM is not easy. After alot of testing I was able to read CCD from BCM succesfully and do a backup of the configuration and application seems to loose connectivity immediatly after that. I try to change the value "without cruise control" to "with cruise control" and then write the configuration. It fails whatever i do.

Also tried to "open port" and connect to car. Load up the backup configuration, modify the cruise control setting and then write the changes. Fails agian.

So far i have tried ELMConfig 0.2.16c, 0.2.13b , 0.2.10 and 0.2.8 (Windows7, Windows 8.1 Windows 10 and Windows XP. I get error messages from all of them. Once in a while i can read the CCD from BCM. Does anyone have any tips for me.

When I use the cable with Forscan its 100% stable all the time in both modes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts