Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started the car yesterday morning started fine as per usual, I drove 50 yards down the road, and the engine suddenly cut out, and wouldn't start :(. I gave it a quick go at starting again, didn't feel like an electrical problem as it was turning over fine, just not firing. I've pushed it to the side of the road and parked it up and got a lift to work, but haven't had a chance to have a good look at it yet, as its dark when I get home.

Any ideas what it is? The pessimist in me is saying that its something like the cambelt gone, but not having looked at it, it could be anything.

·
Big Megger
243 Posts
fuel? blocked filter? poor diesel?
what happened when it cut out did it go alltogether? or just chug a bit then stall?

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
a bit more info would be a good start , what mk of mondeo , model , engine , year , mileage etc , all helps us to help you :L

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the lack of replies, haven't been able to check recently. Well, had a look at it, the belt's definately gone.

It's a '98 mk2 with about 130k on the clock.

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
ouch

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Given that I was about 50 yards from the house and had only just got into 2nd gear (so no more than 10-20 mph), what sort of damage do you think i'll have done?

Do you think I'll be able to get away with just replacing the belt and timing it back up, or do you think the head will be knackered (more specifically, the valves)

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
gamble time i'm afraid, you just can't tell until you try!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.