Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to this so be careful with me,been getting the above 2 faults quite a lot now and car going into limp mode,which resets when ignition turned on/off,purchased a elm unit to use with forscan (modified elm unit) and there were a few codes on,which i reset to try and narrow down the problem,drove about a short time and got the fault again looks like an abs fault,one of the codes off the top of my head was u0401,which i think maybe has something to do with my wheel speed sensors,(please correct if im wrong:rolleyes:) does anyone know how i could monitor the sensors with forscan,step by step as ive only just mangaged to read the codes themselves or any other advice appreciated thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
If the Traction light is coming on and staying on, it can often be a warning of a comms error between modules - usually down to corrosion on some connector terminals, and you may notice it happens more often under certain weather conditions etc. I'm not suggesting that this is necessarily the issue but and ABS fault should not put your car into limp mode as the ABS system is unrelated to engine health and limp mode is designed to be a safe default under serious engine fault conditions to get you to safety

1 - 3 of 3 Posts